Top 5 Characteristics of a Good Leader
Published By lalitbhojwani on 2012-04-02 720 Views
Top 5 Characteristics of a Good Leader: There are probably more characteristics but in every great leader you will find these top 5 characteristics common-
1. Integrity: You cannot lead for a long time without integrity. Integrity is a first characteristics and the most important one for good leaders because without integrity all other characteristics not only lack their importance but they become useless. All skills of a leader become useless if they do not have integrity. Hence a leader should act with absolute integrity at anytime and anywhere.
2. Inspiring and Optimist: A good leader is capable of inspiring others to follow a cause both willingly and with vigour. And without leading by example you can not inspire your followers. According to Lalit Bhojwani, “Leadership is inspiration and if you are not inspiring you are not a leader.”
3. Enthusiastic and Courageous: You can achieve great thing without enthusiasm and without courage you lack ability of taking risk. Without risk taking ability you cannot be a leader. In fact taking no risk and fear of making mistakes is the biggest risk in the world.
4. Leading by Example: A good leader should lead by front and he should set a good example for their followers. A good leader should be motivated in under pressure situations.
5. Charisma: This is the characteristic which is missing in today`s many leader but this is the characteristics that differentiate between a great leader and a good leader. You can find this characteristics in every great leader from Martin Luther to Mahatma Gandhi.